Hope Children’s Home was established in 1968, as a Christian residential care facility, and it is dedicated to maintaining the highest level of care for rearing children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
From its inception, Hope Children’s Home has been committed to excellence in meeting the physical, emotional, educational, and spiritual needs of every child in its care, based on biblical values taught in a way that glorifies Christ.
Staff members hired by Hope Children’s Home must be dedicated to maintaining and instilling these same values in the children it cares for. All Hope Children’s Home employees must be born-again Christians and agree with our Mission Statement, Doctrinal Beliefs, and Staff Commitments. Additionally, staff members are hired based on professional and educational credentials, demonstrated experience, and Christian testimony.
Prospective employees interested in working for a growing, family-oriented ministry should submit their résumé along with a cover letter by:
Hope Children’s Home
ATTN: Matt Higgins
11415 Hope International Drive.
Tampa, FL 33625
- Cottage Parents
- Facilities Maintenance Personnel
- K5 – 4th Grade Teachers
- Cottage Assistant
- Kitchen Assistant
To rescue children from situations of abuse, abandonment, and neglect and rear them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord as directed by Scripture utilizing qualified staff, community support, and the local church.
Statement of Doctrinal Beliefs
- We believe the Bible to be the only and complete inspired, infallible, authoritative, inerrant word of God. We believe these originally-inspired words are preserved for English-speaking people only in the King James Version (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21, Psalm 12:6-7).
- We believe there is only one God who is eternal, self-existent, infinite and immutable. We believe God manifests Himself to man in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Psalm 90:2, Matthew 28:19, John 14:16-17).
- We believe the deity of Christ (John 10:30), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23), his sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25, I Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return to power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature. We believe that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace through faith alone is man saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24, Romans 3:23, 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost—they that are saved, unto the resurrection on life and those that are lost, unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the pre-tribulation, pre-millennial return of Jesus Christ (I Thessalonians 5:1-3).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is able to live a godly, separated life (Romans 8:13-14, I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
Hope Children’s Home seeks to rear children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. As such, the staff members are responsible to be an outstanding godly example and must uphold an excellent Christian testimony both while on-duty and off-duty. All employees of Hope Children’s Home must voluntarily agree to live out the principles taught in the Bible including dress, purity, music, television, church attendance, tobacco use, and drugs/alcohol.
In addition, as a general rule, all employees of Hope Children’s Home must also agree to the following:
- If you are married, we hire BOTH you and your spouse to serve in our ministry (certain positions excluded and are noted under their position description).
- All children and staff attend Southside Baptist Church under Pastor Kerry Nance (certain positions excluded and are noted under their position description).
- All staff members are required to live on property as their permanent residence (certain positions excluded and are noted under their position description).
- Children of staff members are required to attend Hope Christian School located on our property (certain positions excluded and are noted under their position description).
We are generally exempt from the provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which makes illegal discrimination in employment based on religion. Therefore we retain the right to give preference in hiring to persons who are Christian, and/or in good standing with this organization. Beyond this religion exception, however, it is our employment practice to tolerate no discrimination in hiring, compensating, promoting, or terminating employees because of an individual’s race, color, sex (except as pastoral staff needs require), national origin, disability, veteran status, or age. This policy is based on laws established under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other applicable local, state, and federal guidelines.